Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 20:13:41 -0000, Muggles wrote:

On 2/29/2016 2:09 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 05:12:00 -0000, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2016 5:25 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 23:19:40 -0000, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2016 4:44 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 22:39:17 -0000, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2016 8:51 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I saw 10 female deer crossing, then slammed into the chasing male at
about 90mph. The deer bounced off the hood, was sliced in two by the
pointy end of the canoe, then one half took out the mirror.
Intestines
all over the engine bay, it stank for ages. I was stopped by the
police
a month later with the car in pretty much the same state, but the
numberplate had split right through and was hanging off. I was
told off
because my numberplate might come loose and kill someone. I said
that
only happens in the movies and he lost his temper.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/welvh9v6yu...amage.jpg?dl=0

My son nearly hit a deer a few weeks ago, and avoiding it he ended up
jumping a ditch and someones driveway in the process. It took like
$11,000 to repair the damage and 3 weeks to get it done.

Why do people buy vehicles that expensive? Or was most of the
damage to
the driveway? Surely a wall doesn't cost anything like that much.

It was a new car and had full coverage insurance.

Ever heard of depreciation?

yeah, but it didn't matter since it was a new car and had full coverage
insurance on it.

Depreciation means the car becomes worth a lot less after a few years,
even if you don't use it. So it does matter.

I know that.

The difference is in this situation, it was only a few months old, and
it's a requirement here to have full coverage insurance on cars that age
if you are making payments on it.

The insurance company is required to restore the vehicle to top
condition with that sort of car insurance. It wouldn't matter if the
car was 4 years old. If it's still financed and payments are being made
on it, and it's insured for full coverage, the insurance company will
fix it.

Yes, it probably didn't matter if you crashed it (although your premiums would go up), but my point is nobody should ever buy a new car. They cost way more than a 2nd hand one.

--
Don't waste money on binoculars, stand closer to the object.