Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_10_] Muggles[_10_] is offline

Default installing 15 amp cabinet lights into a 20 amp circuit

On 2/28/2016 11:50 PM, HerHusband wrote:
http://www.watsondiy.com/2011kitchen.htm

Nice planning. Nice kitchen.
Man, the old one was pretty beat!

Thanks. Yeah, the old kitchen was long overdue for a remodel. They lived
there 50+ years, but when we gutted the room we could see framing for
different windows indicating it had been remodeled at some point before
that (the house is approx 100 years old).

The old kitchen was only 8 feet wide, and actually had a dining table in it
too (under the cabinets on the right). To make matters worse, it had
doorways at each end, making it the major path to the bathroom and back
door. If anyone was working in the kitchen, you could barely get past them
to access the bathroom.

They had to replace their refrigerator a few years before we remodeled and
the new fridge was a bit deeper than the old one. So much so that they
couldn't open the door because it would hit the dining table. As a quick
fix, I built them a smaller dining table (See "dining table" on the page
below):

http://www.watsondiy.com/woodworking.htm

We moved the interior doorway to the center of the room, and expanded a
4'x8' section onto the old porch. The difference in usable space is
amazing. Several people can stand in the kitchen now and still not get in
the way.

It's still a small kitchen, but it's a huge improvement from what they had
before.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com