Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Future of cabinet making...

On 2/29/2016 10:20 AM, Bill wrote:
Swingman wrote:

Just tell Siri what you want ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aJdeerkONE

I was just reading how in the late 1800's, overlapping technologies were
already eroding the craftsmens guilds in England...

Never been in the Luddite camp myself, and have always embraced
technology wholeheartedly.

If I was a young man, starting out with a view to going into
cabinetmaking, this is definitely where I would begin.

Although it is sad in a certain sense, like some change always is, I'm
tickled to have lived long enough to see it, and to have played a part
in the early technological advances that are beginning to make it happen
.... nice to see the vision of the last 30 years rapidly coming into focus.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net