Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Replacement multimeter test leads

On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 17:16:55 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 12:16:10 PM UTC-5, Gunner Asch wrote:

As you are aware..I, in the course of my business day..may indeed have
occasion to check higher voltages than 208..and when Im working above
208 or in unknown territory..will use one of my Flukes, B&Ks etc etc,
rather than a $3.25 multimeter with leads thinner than my mustache
hair.

Just saying....shrug

Gunner

You might want to glance over at SED. There is a thread over there " HV Probe" A lot of discussion on test leads for use on high voltage and also on medium ( 1000 to 2000 volts ) voltage.

Dan

Thanks. I make it a point to limit my exposure to anything over 480.
I was a RME/Licensed Electrician with C7 and C10 endorsements
(California) for a number of years, but I don't have the gear or
experience to work with the Big Stuff, nor do I have any interest in
working with hardware/voltages that require big hardware and safety
gear just to be around. Hence I never went to work for PG&E etc etc. I
repair machine tools for a living and while Ill lend a hand/knowledge
to other devices...Ill let the younger, better trained, better
equipped guys **** with Death Voltages/Amperages (not that 440 isnt
death voltages..but the corpse doesnt come out Extra- Extra
Crispy..more along the lines of Medium Well )

Gunner