Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Door sizes

On 2/29/2016 8:10 AM, TimR wrote:
Take your tape to Home Depot or Lowes. What size are those doors? (the
ones for sale, not the ones you walk through at the front of the store)

That will tell me what they *sell* but won't explain why the two
doors I observed (different homes, different widths, different
construction techniques) are "off". I would find it hard to
swallow that an architect drafting (at least) two different plans
had to resort to trimming 1/2 inch off of doors in each case.

Did *he* not know what standard door sizes were?

If I can't buy a 35.5" door, then I'll have to alter the frame
to accommodate the slightly wider door (a fair bit of work).