Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Telemarketers sigh

On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 3:16:39 PM UTC-6, Doug Miller wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote in
:

Why don't you try talking to them as though you're a stroke
victim with severe aphasia. I do it sometimes when I need a good
laugh. ^_^

Sort of along those lines... having worked for a number of years with a deaf man, I managed to
learn sign language fairly well -- which enabled me to get rid of a panhandler quickly and
easily by signing to him, I'm sorry, I can't hear you, I'm deaf (which involves, among other
things, pointing at one's ear). My deaf friend thought it was hilarious when I told him about it.

Me and my brothers have done the same thing to panhandlers but what really got them is when I looked at them like a crazy man and walked toward them with my arms outstretched like Frankenstein all the while loudly keening "EEEEEEEEEEE! EEEEEEEEEE!" They run from crazy people. I've also spoken to them in something like the Furbish language spoken by a Furby. I did it to one Negro panhandler and the guy said,"I know y'all speak English, y'all ain't foolin me." Of course I kept up the Furbish until he finally gave up and walked away. Another thing I did to them was tell them upon approach,"That will be $100.00 now." The response was always,"Fo wat?!" I answered,"For my time. I charge $50.00 an hour for my time with a 2 hour minimum. You must pay me $100.00 right now if you want to take up my time." They say,"No man, ahm axin you fo money." Me,"No, anyone who takes up my time must pay for it.. Are you trying to rob me?" As I took out my cellphone,"Should I call the police and tell them you are robbing me?" The panhandler would wander off mumbling,"Crazy mutha fuker axin me fo money." One can make repelling panhandlers quite entertaining. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Repellent Monster