Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Source for belts?

Though I think overpriced like everything else, I had a good encounter with Adamsradio. adamsradio.com IIRC.

I did look around and it seems that all the belts we paid fifty cents from back in the day are now five bucks. AND MORE ! The flat belt for that capstan will be more than five bucks. Maybe twenty. (actually that belt affects the wow and flutter spec of the deck and should be as right as possible)

But I can attest to the quality. I would use them again, unless someone really really killed them on price, and mean alot less than half. It is more important to have quality belts when you are spending time to take the thing apart and change them.

In the old days we just bought belts in bulk. For VCRs n ****. Today, things are different.

There are other PRB line dealers out there and they are your best best bet. I just mentioned one. Price a bit high but a fast ship and everything was up to snuff, all I got to say. Other than that, I don't even remember where this outfit is.

I am not sure if MCM and all them still carry PRB line stuff. Seems like really few places carry anything like that these days.