Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Source for belts?

On 29/02/2016 06:39, Ken Layton wrote:
On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 9:14:46 PM UTC-8, DaveC wrote:
for refurbishing a tape deck, I need some belts. I googled a few places but
nothing very inspiring (not a great selection).

Anybody have a source they like and use?

(If you're just going to Google, don't bother, I've already done
that...)

Thanks!

Russell Industries bought out the old Projector-Recorder Belt Corp several years ago and still carries the "PRB Line":

http://www.russellind.com/prbline/index.html

They should have your belts. Just give them a call.

But do they say whether they are new belts or old stock (so half
perished already)?
The total absence of any supplier stating they had new belts made me
move over to cutting my own belts , flat and square , from silicone
rubber kitchen products, no returns yet from broken examples.