Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Replacement multimeter test leads

fired this volley in
:

Might even have come off the same cottage assembly line in China.

Could be. G But I can return these in a few minutes if I'm not happy
with them.

In Gunner's defense, they're probably every bit as good as the leads that
came on the meter to begin with, and even the Klein Tools version may
well have been made in China.

They were.

Unless you're doing HV stuff, "any-ol'" lead that fits, makes good
contact, and lasts a bit is fine. And truthfully, meter leads don't
undergo a lot of abuse unless you have an accident, so even the cheapest
leads are usually long-lasting.

I _do_ look for things like removable tip shields and proper strain
relief moldings wherever the lead enters a molding.

These look well (enough) made. And I got them in less than half an hour,
which allowed me to do what I needed to do immediately, instead of some
time in the next week or so.