Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaNymph SeaNymph is offline

Default Fading paint/enamel

On 2/28/2016 12:53 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 2/28/2016 11:46 AM, SeaNymph wrote:
On 2/28/2016 11:59 AM, dadiOH wrote:
Don Y wrote:
On 2/28/2016 8:07 AM, SeaNymph wrote:

I don't understand why you can't just paint it with a brush. The
area to be painted isn't that large.

"Quality of workmanship". It's not a nice *flat* surface but, rather,
has all sorts of countours, "insides", "outsides", etc. I think a
brushed job would show lots of brushmarks and pooled paint/drip
marks.

Spraying would allow a more uniform application: hang it from a coat
hanger and hit it *lightly* from all sides. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Man, it is a hose bib handle...take it off, dip it in whatever, shake
it,
hang it up to dry. Repeat when it fades.

And fish all of the pooled paint out of the recess that fits over the
valve stem.

That makes sense.
It's not a work of art.

And how's that any better than just buying an aerosolized paint?

Lots of people have put in their 2 cents worth. You're free to proceed
with whatever seems to work best for you.