David

Default Digital Camera DIY repair How to?

With a single exception, I have never seen any digital camera that has
any kind of available repair parts or service manual at all. The
single exception is the older Sony Mavica digital camera.

The boards are ultra high density with ic lead spacing in the
hundredths of inches so very specialized equipment would be required
for any kind of electronic repair.

Did you call Canon to see if they will sell you any service
information?
What is Canon's out of warranty service options for the unit?

You might find that they no longer support the unit with any repair at
all if it is more than a couple of years out of production.

David

(Steve) wrote in message . com...
I have a canon digital camera that is not working. How can I find out
more about the cameras schematics or info on how digital cameras work
and what are the common faults in digital camera.How to repair a
digital camera that is no longer under warranty...