Paul Landregan

Default DR202 LI-Ion Battery Dead

Thanks Andre, never thought of the cold batter theory. I will place it in
the freezer for an hour and see if it makes any difference.

"Andre" wrote in message
m...
mike wrote in message

Paul Landregan wrote:
"mike" wrote in message

Paul Landregan wrote:

So charging it up in the laptop and leaving it on charge overnight

wont

do

much?

Are you saying you didn't try that?
If you did, you know the answer.
mike

I suppose I do. I have tried applying a 12v supply across the + and -
terminals, the current draw was around 6mA. I am maybe thinking the

charge
pin is the one maked C. Is this correct?

Yep, I had the same problem with a battery. Could get current out, but
not in, Had separate fet switches inside.
I had to open the pack, charge the cells individually, download the spec
for the processor and reverse engineer the design. Turned out they used
a latching reset that disabled the processor. Forced the reset high and
it stayed there and the battery worked. I got lucky.

Hmm- interesting. I've had some success leaving the battery in a cold
shed for a couple of days then charging it; it then seemed to recover
most of its capacity. (Acernote Lite AN370C)

Needless to say, opening the pack and charging the cells if you don't
know EXACTLY what you are doing is a BAD idea, all kinds of risks
(Ever seen a Li- battery go into thermal failure? (Hint: "Venting with
flame")

-A

C might be clock for the digital interface. It's not unusual for the
battery to discuss it's condition with the laptop before charging is
enabled. If it is, you wouldn't want to stuff charge voltage into it.