Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Replacement multimeter test leads

On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 23:02:29 -0600, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

Right!
Just think, an oops when you are in 10amp mode with regular leads and
they fry. Or short the long tip on the Red probe across pins and it
melts away...

Martin

Or use a inexpensive (HF) meter to test something..thinking it was
208..and finding that the meter was not..not rated for 480....going
off like a small fireworks device the moment the probe was touched to
the terminal...which I saw last month....to an inexperienced vendor
for a machine accessory supplier. Was funny as hell..afterI made
sure his heart was still beating..albit about 200 bpm.

Gunner

On 2/27/2016 3:10 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 08:50:58 -0500, Steve Walker
wrote:

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...YdXE92XcBw.jpg

You can replace the probe itself...or simply buy a new set of leads on
ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW1Pair-Uni...-/161291428749

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pair-Ultra...-/251501100026

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...ads&_sac at=0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fluke-TP220-...-/182034970817

Its hardly rocket science. I keep a few sets of new leads on hand at
all times. Couple in the service truck, couple in the shop, couple in
the electronics shop.

Gunner