Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Replacement multimeter test leads

On 2016-02-27, Steve Walker wrote:
Wide variety of test leads out there. Anybody have any recommendations
for replacements (and a source)? My Protek takes 4mm banana plug style,
looks like the female contact in the meter is recessed about 8 mm down
an 8mm hole. I would like hard tipped ones. EBay and Amazon have a lot
of name brand (right!!) ones, but who knows. Not looking for cheap, just
quality.
Here's a picture of one like mine.

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...YdXE92XcBw.jpg

O.K. That looks like the ones for my Fluke -- and I've gotten
replacement lead sets from MSC made by Fluke.

They have a plastic insulating sleeve which is a continuation of
the right-angle strain relief on the end of the cable.

They are very good leads in my opinion.

Just verified -- 4mm holes, and the connector starts 7mm under
the front panel.

The tip broke off one of my leads.

Adequate reason to replace the set -- and use the old leads for
building some kind of test fixture -- or hanging alligator clips on the
end.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--