Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troublesome floor heater vents

On 2/27/2016 12:34 PM, KenK wrote:
I'm in SW AZ and the local propane cost has become very high.
I've not used the furnace in my mobile home for decades due to
this cost. Winters are warm enough to get by with space
heaters.

Anyhow, the mobile home is old and the edges of the floor
heater vent covers keep riding up and need fussing with to
avoid tripping over them. The screw holes in the floor for the
vents have long ago enlarged so they don't hold any more.

Suggestions for something to make the screws work again, maybe
some sort of insert? Or something very thin I can easily put
over the vents to cover them that will stay securely in place
so I don't trip over them like I do the vents but can be
removed some day if necessary? The troublesome vents are on
floors with no rugs.

TIA

The mobile home vents I've seen are rectangular. Two screws,
one at each end. Can you drill a clear hole in two corners,
and put in new screws?

--
..
Christopher A. Young