Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] mroberds@att.net is offline

Default Ceramic heater safety cutout switch temperatures?

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , escribió:

Taking mine apart,

You didn't have to go to that much trouble, but thank you.

I use it a lot in fan-only mode, so it was about ready for its annual
dusting anyway.

There's 4 ceramic cores with two heat levels selected by a switch
(heat level 1 = 2 cores operating, heat level 2 = 4 cores operating)

Same here.

The part I have looks like their "AUT-P" series (with the white
plastic tab)

That sounds like a resettable one.

It is. There is no user-resettable button; you just have to unplug
the heater and let it cool off.

The ceramic element is held in place in a hard plastic frame, so isn't
going to be allowed to get very hot.

Same here. On mine, the frame also extends back towards the intake to
hold the fan motor and make a venturi/shroud for the fan blade.

Matt Roberds