Posted to alt.home.repair
bob_villain bob_villain is offline

Default Capped !

On Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 7:49:01 AM UTC-6, Terry Coombs wrote:
bob_villain wrote:
On Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 7:10:09 AM UTC-6, Terry Coombs
wrote:
Yesterday I finished pouring the concrete cap on my basement block
walls . Now I can move on to the carpentry part , and I have at
least a little experience with that ...
But not today , it's going to be near 70° here and I haven't
ridden Mr Motorcycle in close to a month . Got a jones on for a ride
... but I might do a little more backfilling first , the recent rain
has settled the soil around the cellar .
--
Snag

Don't forget the block wall bracing before backfilling...I have a BIL
that didn't do it!

I'm not quite sure what you mean about bracing ... This cellar is only
about half below grade , there is rebar between row 3 and 4 , row 6 and 7 ,
and there are vertical rebars every 4 feet with that column filled with
concrete . I backfilled about 3 weeks ago , recent rain/sleet/snow event has
settled that fill so I need to push more dirt (clay mostly) to get the
runoff profile I want . Not that it will see any runoff after the kitchen is
on top of it , but you never know and I want any water that finds it's way
under there to run away from the walls .

--
Snag

http://tinyurl.com/zm92fjx