Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Night Stands Finished!

In article , says...

Leon wrote:
And I
note with interest the manner in which you minimized the end grain
on the frame. I assume you are familiar with the continuation of
that joint in which one miters just the little tongues? Doing so to
the outboard side is easy, the inboard one less so because of the
care needed to limit the depth of the miter which is why I've never
done one. I just glue a thin strip over the whole shebang

Like this?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Yeah, like that, Mr. Smarty

How do you limit the one miter to PRECISELY the depth of the straight cut
out? Measure? One little difference in anything and you are screwed
Sneak up on it? Cut almost all the way & chisel/hand saw the rest? Do
tell...

Do your setup on scrap and once everything fits right then cut the good
stuff.