Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Getting old is no fun

On 2/25/2016 11:17 AM, dpb wrote:
On 02/25/2016 11:48 AM, wrote:

They can only bill so many procedures, and we are far from having a
surplus of doctors or opperating room space, so things get prioritized
and abuses are very rare - and when they happen they are publicised.
When doctors are charged it is news.

It's been a while since quit the traveling road show supporting coal analyzers
but when in Saskatchewan for SaskPower, the locals there routinely drove to
Minot, ND owing to extreme waiting times for appointments. Don't know if it's
improved or not...

OTOH, US citizens seem to enjoy slipping NORTH to buy meds. (But, of
course, those aren't as GOOD as the US versions... "Say what??")

We're in rural area with continuing shortage of medical professionals willing
to locate outside the major metro areas where are amenities and potentially
much more lucrative practices but there seems always a ready supply of Canadian
doctors willing to give up the hassles of the system north of the border. We
typically have from 3 to 5 in town at any one time. Like all the rest, the
wives generally are unhappy with the locale so it's difficult in retaining them
for long-term, but there seems an unending supply or replacements.

Do those who "give up" slip back north of the border? Or, move further
south/bigger communities?