Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Car AC/Heater systems

On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 08:45:09 -0500, Micky
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 16:57:30 -0500, wrote:

Not this one. I used to leave it on outside all the time (I never use
max AC, fan is too loud) but there's some leak dripping oil somewhere
hot and the smell was entering the car, so now it's supposed to be on
inside all the time, and the smell is gone. I suppose some small
amount of outside air could be coming in but it's not enough to smell
the oil. When I tried to leave it on Outside, I guess that was when
it kept switching to Inside. Keeping it on Inside, it doesn't switch
on its own as mch, if at all.

But when I fix the leak I'm going back to Outside, and it's going back
to arguing with me.

The system will never restart in MAX AC
mode by itself, nor should it. The system is most efficient in the
normal mode.

Outside air is NORMAL AC. It is also NORMAL HEAT. Without outside air,

====== =======

Do you mean inside?

No, fresh air is standard

I'm sorry. "Outside" was used twice in your line just above. It's
the second "outside" I was asking about. Do you mean inside? I
wouldn't post again except Trader called your post nonsense.

I don't get that jack-ass's emails any more. I'll repeat myself for
clarity.
Outside (or fresh) air is normal for both heat and AC on the vast
majority of automotive heating and air conditioning or climate control
systems. Systems with "max ac" settings switch to recirculated air on
the "max ac" setting. Some manual systems, at least in years past, had
a "fresh/recirc" control that did the same thing.

- and MAX AC does nothing to the fan speed -
or at least it didn't when I worked on Toyotas and doesn't on any of
the cars I currently am aquainted with. ALL Max AC did was put the
system into recirculate mode.

And this is why ---
particularly without the AC working, the humidity builds VERY quickly,
the air gets stale, and the car starts to smell like a dead man's
arm-pit. Not to mention the carpets stay wet, the windows fog up, and
the car, generally, becomes unpleasant.