Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Telemarketers sigh

On 02/26/2016 11:24 AM, Shade Tree Guy wrote:
On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 8:50:09 AM UTC-8, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

What do you do about these pests? I get a series of calls every night

We have ATT's U-verse and can block such calls, BUT only 20 of them so these A-holes keep faking new numbers.
Once in a while, I'll answer (with caller ID blocked):
"Federal Trade Commission. How may I direct your call?"
This unexpected reply creates a pause on the other end before they start into their worthless spiel.
"This is an office of the US federal Government. Who do you want to talk to?"
CLICK!

I also use AT&T , thus far I have not reached the limit or 20

I have also signed up for nomorobo

https://www.nomorobo.com/

Between the two virtually all nuisance calls have been blocked.

The phone will ring one time though