Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default Ceramic heater safety cutout switch temperatures?

Fixing a ceramic heater for a family member. Started blowing cold air.
It's very similar to this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:G...mic_heater.jpg

It has a NC safety temperature switch fitted, this has failed open. One of
the spade lugs has clearly overheated. The switch is shown at the bottom
of this pic:

http://www.zuglet.com/ev/saturn/imag...micElement.jpg

It's marked KSD301 250V 10A. But there is no temperature marking

There is also a thermal fuse, this is OK.

This ebay auction:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262117559259

shows replacements with temperature values ranging from 40C to 160C. Can
anyone suggest what value I should choose?

The heater works OK with the wires to the switch shorted, but I would like
to replace it.

Thanks.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!