Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Well OT - The apprentice has feally f****d it up this time

In article ,
michael adams wrote:
Allowing the hard pressed taxman to concentrate all their efforts on
the self employed - that and cooking up sweetheart deals with large
corporates

I was a free lance for some 15 years. My accountant never once asked for
receipts etc, and merely claimed allowances he knew the IR would 'rubber
stamp' They seemed quite generous to me after being on PAYE, so I was
happy to do as he advised.

And it was also clear to me that being self employed allowed one to claim
for things you couldn't when on PAYE. Even when there was apparently no
difference - at least to me.

--
*White with a hint of M42*

Dave Plowman London SW