Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Well OT - The apprentice has feally f****d it up this time

On 26/02/2016 12:13, Tim Streater wrote:

Good question. I think it all became automated during my time there,
but I could be wrong, it was a long time ago. So each form was
data-entered and then I assume automatic cross-checking took place, and
then the software looked for particular patterns which might raise
alarms, and after that some number of people were selected at random
for an audit.

One of the bizarre features of US tax returns is the government isn't
allowed to provide a decent online version (*). This is at the behest of
the companies selling tax return software - corporate lobbying at its
finest.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...14-column.html

(they do appear to have one for people whose income is 62K$)