Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Finger Tip Nut Wrench?

On 2/26/2016 1:17 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 17:16:55 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 14:41:43 -0600, dpb wrote:

On 02/25/2016 1:08 PM, rangerssuck wrote:
On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 12:57:14 PM UTC-5, Steve W. wrote:

http://www.fingerwrench.com/

That looks sort of interesting, but I think it would be more useful
to have hex recesses in the end of a thimble. Even better, would be to have
the thimble magnetized, so you could stick the nut in place and reach
behind/into/around to the place where it goes with the nut on the tip of
your finger rather than on the pad.

I'll use a dollop of gun grease as the holder to the finger tip for
small stuff...can still feel the projecting bolt and it keeps it in place.

Or just tape a small "ignition wrench" to your finger if you don't
need to bend it much - -

Perfect! I wonder if they still sell those. I have an old set of
Crapsman combos (very nice) and another old (early/cheap) Japanese set
of open ends which were stamped. Both proved very handy, especially
for distributor point nuts.

--

"distributor point nuts" Good GOD, you're OLD!