Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Drawer Slide Repair Completed.

On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 3:45:55 PM UTC-6, -MIKE- wrote:

The KV8500 slides were indeed very heavy duty and up to the task. I
have some reservations about the plastic parts on them, but I'll hold
off judgment until I get called back because one of them broke. :-)
The jury is also still out on the soft-close adapters but they seem to
function well. Time will tell.

I am glad you like them. The client with the picture of the floating drawer was in touch with me this week and he told me that it is still in perfect alignment and working as designed, even on full extension. I was trying to remember back a few decades when KV was about the only drawer slides readily available in small quantities, and it seems to me even back in the 70's they had plastic parts. They were white plastic stops on the rear end of the slide and black plastic on the front. Couldn't say for sure, but I can say I would seriously doubt you will have any problems with those slides.

Good on 'ya for the good work and excellent review. Nothing sells more work like a happy client, and no doubt you deserved the pat on the back!

Robert