Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default PVC pipe as dryer vent

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 19:08:11 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

If PVC pipe is so flammable, what about those dryer vent hoses they sell
that are nothing but a coil of steel wire with a very thin plastic on
the outside? I could see those going up in flames long before Sch 40
PVC.

I once bought a dryer that came with one of them, and I did not use it.
I used metal pipe.

Didn't they quit using them for that reason and went to metal pipe.

Maybe they did quit selling them... I dont know????
I always use metal, and it's been many years since I had to connect a
dryer vent.
I hope they did quit selling those plastic things. Not only were they a
fire hazzard, but they would break after a few years and make a big
mess, if you didn't notice it immediately.