Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Do crystal radios still pick anything up?

In article ,
Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
charles wrote:
My father said he once knew a man who lived near Crystal Palace and
claimed he could hear the radio all the time because of a poor metal
filling in a tooth.

but, in those days CP only broadcast tv!

And these days, only FM radio wise? Which would be less likely to produce
an audio output under those conditions.

Perhaps it was the old AM TV sound.

These days, Crystal Palace actually does transmit MW - 720kHz Radio 4
fill-in. It used to be at Lots Road power station
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl...+power+station

Ah. I really can't remember the last time I used AM. I do have an AM
tuner, but it's switched off until needed, being valve. ;-)

--
*We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.