Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Wifi problems

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 18:35:50 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

On 2/25/2016 5:01 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 12:40:43 -0800, "Walter E."
wrote:

Without the range extender, there were several dead spots in the wifi
coverage inside the house. After I installed the range extender, the
connections improved greatly.

However, the system fluctuates in coverage. In the same spot, one moment the
signal is "poor", the next moment it is "good" or "excellent". I measured
signal strength both with my smart phone and with my tablet.
What can possibly account for the fluctuations in signal strength, though I
am not making any changes to the system??

Something unique in the home construction in that "spot"? SWAG

I learned a few myself. Smart TV was very sluggish with wifi then I
discovered it was near a large metal filing cabinet. Got rid of cabinet
and signal is fine.

Desktop was spotty and lot of wires running around on floor. I put the
processor on top my desk and moved wires so none touch. Now works fine.

My house cordless phone works everywhere in the house. Bring it out
into the garage and is drops out and disconnects. Not even a long
distance from the base station. A cell phone near a computer even acts
odd.