Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Car AC/Heater systems

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 2:43:50 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/25/2016 8:33 AM, Micky wrote:

I don't understand climate control.

If i get in the car and it's cold, am I supposed to leave the temp set
to, say, 70, and the heater will put out very hot air until it gets
(close to???) 70 and the temperature of the air will (slowly???)
decrease and be only warm when the sensor says 70?

It seems to me the air is never that hot unless I turn the temp up to
80, and that if I leave it on 70, it will take forever to warm up, but
I'll admit I haven't kept tabs that closely.

That is the way mine works. Set it and forget it. My last cars were
relatively new and the CC worked well. Can't speak for all cars on that.

I also don't like the Toyota climate control because it keeps changing
whether i get outside air or not. You would think whatever setting it
had when I turned the car off would be the setting when I turn it back
on, but No. (I think it depends on the outside and inside temps,
but knowing for sure would mean detailed records. )

I had some of that in the past. For some reason, they air would
recirculate when the car was hot and you wanted to cool it down. If it
is 90 outside, 120+ inside in the sun, bring in that 90 degree air and
exhaust the 120 stuff. Sure, if I get in the car I put the windows
down, but starting it with a remote, I want the cooker air in to expel
the overheated air.

The cooker air probably smells pretty good too. ;-)

Present car is a Genesis and it has a carbon dioxide detector. It
always brings in fresh air. If I do set it to recirculate, it will
change to fresh air if the CO2 level gets too high where it would make
you drowsy.