Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Car AC/Heater systems

On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 10:21:11 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/24/2016 8:27 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 20:25:21 -0500, Meanie
wrote:

On 2/24/2016 7:13 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
Question - If the AC in the car is making you too cold and you turn
the temp dial to "warmer" to make the air coming out less cold will
that make the AC work harder and make your gas mileage worse? Why?

You already know the answer but just an FYI, driving with windows open
will produce a bigger drag and decrease mileage than using the AC.

I've had my windows closed since 1967!!! Can't stand wind noise.

Same here. Love climate control, just never think about it any more.
Maybe once or twice a year I'll open the windows for a short ride.

On the first really nice day of spring.

Cindy Hamilton