Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default OT, Homeless - Micky's comment still missing

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 11:18:13 -0600, Gordon Shumway wrote:

On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 11:45:03 -0600, Gordon Shumway wrote:

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 23:58:42 -0500, Micky wrote:

We got the police issue pepper spray from a uniform supply company because
it was a lot of paperwork and legal trouble to shoot and kill someone. We were
friends with the CAP "City Action Patrol" who were a private security organization
hired by downtown merchants to patrol the city center and augment the police
patrols. The CAP guys told me that the majority of The Urban Campers were
mentally ill

Yes, it's really sad. Back in the 70's iirc, one mentally ill person
sued, through his lawyer, to get released, and the court decided that
if he weren't a danger to himself or others and he wanted to get out
of forced confinement in a mental hospital, he had that right. And I
have to agree with that.

But somehow, many or most states took that as permission to expel all
the non-violent mentally ill people from the state asylums, even
though they hadn't requested it and didn't want it. Many or most are
too sick to hold a job, or even run their lives (pay rent, utilities)
if they had money, and end up living on the street. And it's been 40
years and we haven't undone this.

or had been released from prison

I'm not commenting on them.

Why don't you want to comment on that horde? It is your party, primarily your fearless leader, that is responsible for that
stratagem. I doubt you will reply to this question as is usually the case with liberals when asked about an indefensible
policy.

Hey Micky, I'm still waiting for your comment.
Just in case you missed it in the other thread I started a new thread for you.

Micky, are you that much of a liberal that you refuse to admit that wholesale prisoner release is just plain wrong? Also,
where are the rest of your political comrades on this issue? Their silence as well is deafening.