Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Transformer shot! (was scope SMPS/ capacitor venting)

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 00:36:16 +0100, Dimitrij Klingbeil wrote:

[...]

Dimitrij, I will have to run these latest checks you suggest next week
now as I have to leave on family matters and have no choice other than
divorce. The PSU is now putting out near-enough the correct voltages in
the 6-60VDC range as required when connected up to the scope and the
transformer is virtually silent. It's just the power resistor heating
that's causing concern. If you think of anything else, please leave your
thoughts here. If not, I'll proceed with your checks on my return.
many thanks again.