Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Night Stands Finished!

I have not worked on these for probably a week, the varnish on the tops
was drying. The marble tops are heavy, 70~80 lbs, they make a 45 lb bag
of dog food feel lite!

Any way one piece of marble was a touch too wide. The top fit snugly
over it and normally that would be perfect but you are never going to
want to pick up a 60 lb night stand with a slab of marble on top of that
too. The marble on one fit snug enough that when you lifted the wooden
framed top the marble would lift too. I could see some picking that
frame up and the marble falling out of the frame on to some toes.
Sooooo I used the Rotex and some 120 paper to sand away some proud spots
on the edge for a slightly looser fit.

Anyway here is the finished product waiting to be delivered.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Yes this one is slightly different. ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/