Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT[_2_] EXT[_2_] is offline

Default Getting old is no fun

I think the big difference is how we pay for it. I pay for
insurance, you pay in taxes though overall it may be cheaper for you.

Not entirely true, in Ontario, Health Care is paid as a separate insurance
item on the income tax form for those who earn more than $20,000 in a year,
employers pay a portion for each employee directly, and the balance is paid
through federal and provincial tax contributions. This is only for items
covered, which is quite a lot, the rest we pay ourselves or have a separate
Health Care Supplement insurance. Over 65 years of age, our Medicare covers
some additional items and prescription drugs.