Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Darwin award

On Wednesday, 24 February 2016 09:25:40 UTC, Mike Barnes wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Bob Eager
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 16:36:47 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
It sounds as if she dropped the extension lead in the bath, not
really the same as dropping her charging phone in the bath.

Well it couldn;t have been an iphone otherwise the media would have
been all over it claiming Apple are murders.

Natural reaction to the nonsense from Apple users. Seems more of a cult
or religion than a bloody overpriced and hyped phone. ;-)

iPhones aren't a technical choice IMHO. They are a fashion statement.

That applies to any so-called "smart" phone. All completely unnecessary.

Not to everybody. I find my smart phone extremely useful, and generally
speaking wouldn't be without it when out and about. I hardly ever make
or receive phone calls, though.

I'd feel the same but find it annoying that the technology is usually used so one can be less efficient. i.e don't plan anything the night before and expect you to have a phone so they can call you if they are running late.
The most annoying thing is how useless some people are without their smartphones.