Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Darwin award

In article ,
Chris French wrote:
Yes, the grumpy old man, 'a smartphone isn't necessary' argument,
which seems to be said in a way to suggest therefore no one
should have one (as opposed to 'I don't think it is worthwhile
for me', which is fair enough) always seems like a silly
argument. Our modern lives are full of things which aren't
neccessary but that lots of people spend their money on becuase
they feel it improves their life

One thing is certain. They don't improve the lives of people around them.
Even just a visit to a quiet cinema is blighted by the light of those
checking them every 5 minutes. Bus journeys by several shouting into them.
Even shopping in a supermarket. Usually someone blocking an isle while
staring at one, and oblivious to everyone else.

It's not the device which is the problem. but many who use them.

--
*Constipated People Don't Give A Crap*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.