Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Darwin award

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
My father had to once give "expert witness" at an inquest in the 50s,
where a man had electrocuted himself when the small electric heater he
had balanced on the side of the metal bath, fell in.

Used to be pretty common before central heating arrived.

When I was a child ... we had a radiant heater in the bathroom. However,
it was screwed to the wall, high up, and the opposite side of the room
to the bath. So, the potential danger had been spotted and compensated for.