Posted to uk.d-i-y
News News is offline

Default Darwin award

In message , Chris French
writes

Yes, the grumpy old man, 'a smartphone isn't necessary' argument,
which seems to be said in a way to suggest therefore no one
should have one (as opposed to 'I don't think it is worthwhile
for me', which is fair enough) always seems like a silly
argument. Our modern lives are full of things which aren't
neccessary but that lots of people spend their money on becuase
they feel it improves their life

Agreed in spades. Last time I carried and used mine was early July last
year, because we happened to be making a long distance car journey, to
see family. My teenage son, though, could not contemplate life without
his, which is used all day, every day, and charged overnight.

--
Graeme