Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Darwin award

Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 24 February 2016 00:24:02 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
iPhones aren't a technical choice IMHO. They are a fashion statement.

That applies to any so-called "smart" phone. All completely unnecessary.

I'd agree. In the main. I do find having a decent camera in a phone very
useful, though. And sadly, the better camera phones only come in the smart
phones.

Necessary no, but useful and pay their cost back many times over in time saved. All part of more efficient living.

Yes, the grumpy old man, 'a smartphone isn't necessary' argument,
which seems to be said in a way to suggest therefore no one
should have one (as opposed to 'I don't think it is worthwhile
for me', which is fair enough) always seems like a silly
argument. Our modern lives are full of things which aren't
neccessary but that lots of people spend their money on becuase
they feel it improves their life

Chris French

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/