Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Transformer shot! (was scope SMPS/ capacitor venting)

On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 15:40:12 -0800, John-Del wrote:

I haven't read all the posts, but way back when I suggested pulling
every cap and checking for value and ESR *out* of circuit. Have you
done that?

No. Normally that would be one of the first things I'd do, but the traces
on this board are old and brittle, so I'm avoiding upsetting them until
I've exhausted other possibilities (drawing ever closer now). The few I
am replacing this week are clearly in sub-prime condition from visual
inspection alone. I'm suspicious of these (metalized polyester types)
more than the "usual suspects" electrolytics in this particular case.