IMM

Default Heat Exchanger Material?

"Garry" wrote in message

Opinions please:

I am looking to replace an old Ideal Mexico boiler on an open vented

system.
I have basically decided to go for a condensing boiler and like the look

of
the Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 29HE or the Keston Celsius 25.

The main difference I can see between them is that the Keston has a
stainless steel heat exchanger,

I'm not sure if it does have a stainless heat exchanger. Keston are superb
when you have long flue lengths.

while the Worcester has aluminium / silicon.

Which of these is likely to have the longest life? (A couple of heating
engineers have said to me that the a condensing boiler will have a shorter
life than a traditional boiler as the condensate gradually corrodes the

heat
exchanger.

Total balls.

Thus my question as to which material is best.)

Given a choice I would probably go for stainless steel if all other points
were equal.

Also are there any other factors which would make one a better choice than
the other?

Try the Glow Worm boilers (part of Vaillant Hepworth). Well priced with
stainless steel heat exchangers, developed/made in Holland
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk

---