mike

Default DR202 LI-Ion Battery Dead

Paul Landregan wrote:
"mike" wrote in message ...

Paul Landregan wrote:

So charging it up in the laptop and leaving it on charge overnight wont

do

much?

Are you saying you didn't try that?
If you did, you know the answer.
mike

I suppose I do. I have tried applying a 12v supply across the + and -
terminals, the current draw was around 6mA. I am maybe thinking the charge
pin is the one maked C. Is this correct?

Yep, I had the same problem with a battery. Could get current out, but
not in, Had separate fet switches inside.
I had to open the pack, charge the cells individually, download the spec
for the processor and reverse engineer the design. Turned out they used
a latching reset that disabled the processor. Forced the reset high and
it stayed there and the battery worked. I got lucky.

C might be clock for the digital interface. It's not unusual for the
battery to discuss it's condition with the laptop before charging is
enabled. If it is, you wouldn't want to stuff charge voltage into it.

laptops and parts Test Equipment
Honda CB-125S
TEK Sampling Sweep Plugin and RM564
Tek 2465 $800, ham radio, 30pS pulser