Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce Esquibel[_2_] Bruce Esquibel[_2_] is offline

Default which battery for my UPS??

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Of course, Battery Shark could be inflating the battery weight because
they know about the weight trick. Double checking:
http://sigmastek.com/files/specsheets/SP12-7(T1).pdf
Yep, Battery Sharks is lying on their web pile. The data sheet shows
4.52 lbs, which is LESS than the real Power Sonic. The battery is
probably crap and I don't think I would trust the dealer.

All that may not matter though.

I dunno if you caught this story a day or two ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxZDzXv4fnM

The short version if you don't want to watch the whole thing, the guy owns
an expensive Nagra digital recorder where the rechargable battery is a $700
replacement item.

He took it apart and found a single Lithium cell battery and "foam". The
battery is about $40.

I mean people who buy/need Nagra hardware probably wouldn't care, the point
is, you can get ripped off on both ends of the market.

-bruce