Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics
Bruce Esquibel[_2_] Bruce Esquibel[_2_] is offline

Default PING: HP laserjet experts Help!

In sci.electronics.repair Trevor Wilson wrote:

**Every reference points towards me buying a new fuser. The cheapest
option will be more than AUS$300.00. And that may not fix the fault. I'd
prefer not to spend a huge chunk of cash on an ancient, but quite
decent, printer. That said, I have just located a service manual for the
3000, 3600 & 3800 (but not the 'N' variant). It is a very large file and
will take some time to complete, but, hopefully, will shed some light on
what is inside the fuser and how to pull the damned thing apart.

For what it's worth, there is no difference between the N and non-N
versions, mechanically.

The N version means it's network (ethernet) compatable instead of USB only.

Either it's built in or uses something like the en3700 adapter.

-bruce