Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Here's a fun new metalworking/robotics/mechanics project

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 07:07:35 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

I don't have room for a Bridgeport and bought a smaller Clausing
knee
mill, which is very similar to this:
https://www.grizzly.com/products/6-x...orklight/G0801

I don't have room for it, but I'd love that Griz. Looks sweet.
I'll
bet that Clausing is nice, too.

I prefer it to a Bridgeport for milling small parts to scribed layout
lines, copied off the broken part I'm replacing. However they are old
(worn?), rare, fairly expensive and don't have R8 spindles.
http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threa...-import.15955/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atlas-Clausi...item35f64d9772

The 8525 has a B&S 7 spindle taper that's difficult to find tooling
for.

--jsw