Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Getting old is no fun

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 22:45:49 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 20:56:58 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/22/2016 7:43 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Don Y:
New business opportunity: Bubble Wrap *suits* for seniors -- endorsed
by AARP.

Or single-story houses..... -)

I am beginning to think we should have chosen a different house 35 years
ago....

Some days I think the same. I'd like to eliminate the steps.
Eventually I may get a new knee but my wife won't be getting a new heart.

Kinda the same thing here - I've got knee hip and back pain and my
lungs aren't real good - but I can still walk or bike a good distance
if I take my time or use the "cheater bike" to help me on hills etc -
but the wife has a bad heart valve that may or may not get replaced in
the next couple years. Sure glad I live in Canada and not the USA on
that count...

I force myself to walk some distance, but if I don't do it, I won't be
able to. Steps are more difficult and ibuprofen is a regular part of
my diet.

My wife had CHF about 15 years ago and is now borderline for valve
replacement. It will be covered 100% with insurance if it does
happen. I think the big difference is how we pay for it. I pay for
insurance, you pay in taxes though overall it may be cheaper for you.