Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sealing basin combined waste/overflow?

On Tuesday, 23 February 2016 08:49:44 UTC, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Replaced the taps and 'push lever' waste on a bathroom sink with new
monobloc tap and clicky waste yesterday, but can't get the lower seal on
the waste to, um, seal. The upper seal (to the basin) is fine.

It's one of those combined waste and overflow things with a couple of
notches cut out in the waste body for the overflow. Everything is fine
until I allow water into the overflow, at which point the lower seal
leaks. The actual seal to the bottom of the basin seems to be good, it
seems to be water escaping through the threads of the waste.

What am I missing here? Surely it should be possible to get a good seal
without having to bodge it with silicone?

Thanks for any tips.

You're missing silicone, plumber's mait etc.

NT