Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Getting old is no fun

Hi Bob,

On 2/22/2016 10:08 PM, Bob F wrote:
And that ignores any other connections (SCSI, USB, serial, parallel,
power, network) that might be associated with the machine(s).

I bet you could find cheap extender cables at monoprice.com.

What you want is "just a foot or two". Note that any "slack" now
has to get STORED under the tables!

So, you need a couple of feet times three monitors, each printer/serial
port, USB connection (I've already done that for the keyboard and
mouse), network, SCSI (which has limits on how long it can be), etc.

The real solution is to arrange access to the backside of the
machines. Of course, the tendency is always to push things up
against walls -- not leave them out in the middle of the room
(where they can be accessed from both sides).

I *should* buy some extra long "mickeys" to replace the normal
length cords for the laptops (otherwise, have to pack an extension
cord in addition to the power cord for each laptop!). I've a fair
number of extra long "modular" (IEC60320 -- the sort that's on
the back of your PC) cords but no long mickeys!

Meanwhile, back to juicing. Should hit 36 qts tonight and start
on the back side of the tree, tomorrow...