Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default PING: HP laserjet experts Help!

On 22/02/2016 4:06 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 14:59:33 +1100, Trevor Wilson
wrote:

**The fuser appears to be OK, but then, without a manual, I cannot
measure what is inside the fuser to determine what, if anything, may be
faulty. My biggest fear is that the fuser may not be faulty and that it
may be something else. For that, I require a schematic.

Ok, you've decided that you want a new printer and you're not
supplying enough information to even diagnose the alleged fuser
problem. If you can't describe what's wrong with the fuser, could you
at least describe what inspired you to purchase a new printer?

**Good news bad news time. I now have the service manual for this
device. No useful schematics. Just block diagrams and hundreds of pages
of mechanical drawings and photos. Quite comprehensive in it's own way.
The good news is that I now have a proper interpretation of the fault code.

50.8 = Low fuser temperature (Subthermistor)

Would I be crazy to buy one of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RM1-2764-RM1...AOSwnDxUgFp 3

--
Trevor Wilson